I added a branch to a codeline from one machine, made some changes and pushed the changes.
When I tried to access the changes from my machine at home, ‘git branch’ did not show the new branch.
‘git fetch origin’ refetched the repository and I was able to see the new branch and its contents.
Every time I start development in a new environment, I have to hunt down the Bing maps SDK. It is almost impossible to find.
I attended Microsoft’s Build Conference last week. This was for their Windows 8 rollout.
Uncle Fester’s new device
They gave every attendee a Surface tablet device and a Nokia 920 cellphone to help seed the development tools.
One of the things I encountered was trying to add additional users to the tablet, was that the user you were trying to add needed to be logged into the Microsoft ecosystem.
was trying to add an account we use for testing; I was able to add it okay, but I couldn’t sign int the tablet using the credentials until I had actively logged into the Live account associated with that user on another machine.
Anyhow, I wanted to turn on line numbers in VS so I could track down the reported error. Tools->Options->Text Editor->All Languages, Display | Line Numbers. See graphic below:
parseInt('12.8') == 12
Math.round('12.8') == 13
I am still struggling with the new debugging window in Safari 6. The old tool had a nice big panel for displaying the console.log as well as the script source, call stack, locals and such. The new version now will only show the log in the whole window. You have the switch back and forth between the Console view and the Script view (for stepping through code, for example).
Even that was hard to find.
You have to select the Console tool (solid arrow) and then choose the file to watch (hollow arrow). I’m hoping there’s something else I’m missing because this sure does not seem like and improvement.
Well, today there were only two script files available (out of the normal hundred we use for the project). Cordova.js and Require.js. And the debugger kept stopping on some breakpoint inside Require.js which now looks like one long “minified” file.
Then, I remembered an email which went by last night indicating that there was now an index.debug.html file which we were to use for debugging. So, what’s happening now as part of the build process is the main index.html (and its components) are being minified and shoved into require.js, which is require’s job. The breakpoints which had been in the component files were now inside require, I guess.
All I needed to do was to drop index.debug.htm into the browser. And things are now the way I’ve been expecting them.